Exam4 is the software School of Law students must use when taking exams using their laptop computers. New versions of the software must be installed each semester.
Please note that Windows operating systems prior to 8.1 and Mac operating systems prior to 10.13 (High Sierra), Apple iDevices, Microsoft Surface (RT versions), Linux, Chromebooks, and Virtual operating systems (VMS) are NOT supported by the Exam4 maker, Extegrity Exam. If you have a computer with one of the above-mentioned operating systems, there is not a version of the Exam4 software being produced that will run on your computer. You will need to upgrade the operating system on your computer, purchase a newer computer, or borrow a laptop from a friend or colleague that already has Exam4 loaded onto it so that you can take an exam.
Instructions for Downloading and Installing Exam4
- You do not need to uninstall the current version of the software prior to installing the new version.
- You need to be logged into your computer with a user account which has Administrator rights in order to install the Exam4 software.
- Go to www.exam4.com, select for Law Schools then select the Letter D for District of Columbia. After you choose UDC School of Law from the list, you will download the client software that is applicable to the operating system found on your computer:
- Windows users may have to right-click on the file after they have downloaded it, and then choose “run as an administrator” from the options that will appear. This step may be required based on the logged-in user’s permissions.
- MAC OS users will need to unzip the files within the folder prior to installation.
- Click here for a PDF document showing screenshots of each step in the download and installation process.
- Note that you are required to take and submit a practice exam before taking your actual exam. Keep reading for instructions.
Instructions for Using Exam4
- You can download the Exam4 software from any location, so long as you have an internet connection, but you must be on-campus with an active internet connection in order to submit an exam electronically.
- Before taking your actual exam, you are required to take and submit a practice exam to be sure that everything runs smoothly.
- When you take the practice exam, use your Exam ID and choose the current practice exam (e.g. “F18: Practice Exam”) from the Course List.
- If you do not know your Exam ID, please contact the Law School Registrar’s office (202-274-5114) immediately. You will need to know your Exam ID in order to take and submit the actual exam.
- Click here for a PDF document showing screenshots of each step in taking and submitting an exam.
If you have questions about downloading, installing or using Exam4, please contact Network Administrator Lewis Perry (202-274-7351), Joseph Marceda (202-274-6305) or email us at email@example.com.