Spring 2023 Registration Instructions for First Year Students
Welcome to Spring Registration for the Classes of 2025 (FT/Day) and 2026 (PT/Evening) at the David A. Clarke School of Law.
First year students must self-enroll into ALL prescribed first year courses for the Spring 2023 semester. YOU WILL NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED BY THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE FOR SPRING 2023.
Please read the following instructions CAREFULLY before proceeding to my.UDC.edu.
- General Instructions
- Financial Aid and Student Accounts
- Online Registration & Course Selection
a. Full-time Division
b. Part-time Division
- On-Site and Late Registration
1. General Instructions
First year students may begin course enrollment on Tuesday, November 15, 2022, at 12:01 am by logging into my.udc.edu. If you have problems logging in, you must contact the UDC IT Help Desk. If there is a hold on your record for an unpaid balance, please log in, pay the balance, and then contact the Office of Student Accounts at StudentAccounts@udc.edu to have the hold lifted. For other issues, please contact the Registrar’s Office by email, email@example.com, or come to suite 208. Online Registration closes on January 2, 2023.
First year students are not permitted to cross enroll between day and evening courses. The Registrar may adjust final section enrollments, if necessary.
Lab II (LLAB2, 0 credits) will be required for first-year students with a first semester grade point average below 2.500. Students who are required to take Lab II will be administratively added to the course.
You must obtain written permission from the Acting Associate Dean for Academic Affairs to modify your schedule.
You may wish to review or download the following registration-related materials:
- 2022-2023 Academic Calendar for important dates.
- Spring 2023 Course Schedule for course meeting times and locations.
- Spring 2023 Book List for required textbooks (any courses showing ‘TBA’ will be updated as orders are received).
- Student Handbook for rules and recommendations about course enrollment.
- Course Catalog for course descriptions.
2. Financial Aid and Student Accounts
The deadline for Spring 2023 bill payment is January 3, 2023.
Any student whose financial aid does not cover total tuition & fees must pay the balance by January 3, 2023, or the student’s course selections may be canceled by the University. If a student’s course selection is canceled, the student may re-select during the Add/Drop period but will incur a $150 late registration fee.
Students may pay by check or money order (payable to the University of the District of Columbia) or by credit card online through myUDC. Please submit checks or money orders to the Cashier’s Office located in Building 39, 2nd Floor. If you have any questions concerning your account, you may contact the Office of Student Accounts at StudentAccounts@udc.edu.
If your account is locked, contact the UDC IT Help Desk.
3. Online Registration & Course Selection
After you have read through the instructions above and determined how you will meet your billing requirements, you may proceed to register online.
- Log into my.udc.edu using your UDC email and password. If you have trouble with your log-in, contact the UDC IT Help Desk.
- Once in myUDC, click Student Banner Self-Service then Registration. Click here for step-by-step instructions for Online Course Registration in myUDC.
- Using the Course Numbers and Sections for your division as shown below, Add your courses. Do not mix day and evening courses or enroll in any courses not listed below. Remember to click Submit.
Full Time/Day Students are REQUIRED to enroll in the following courses for a total of 15 credits. STUDENTS MUST RETAIN THEIR CURRENT SECTIONS OF LP and CONTRACTS! If necessary, refer to your Fall 2022 course schedule for your correct LP and Contracts section.
|Course Title||Course #||Section||Credits|
|Legal Research (pick one section)||L100R||A, B, or C||1|
|Civil Procedure II||L107B||A||4|
|Contracts II (same as Contracts I section)||L109||A or B||3|
|Lawyering Process II (same as LPI section)||L110||A, B, C, or D||2|
Part Time/ Evening Students are REQUIRED to enroll in the following for a total of 11 credits. STUDENTS MUST RETAIN THEIR CURRENT SECTIONS OF LP! If necessary, refer to your Fall 2022 course schedule for your correct LP section.
|Course Title||Course #||Section||Credits|
|Legal Research (pick one section)||L100R||D or E||1|
|Civil Procedure II||L107||B||3|
|Lawyering Process II (same as LPI section)||L110||E, F, or G||2|
4. On-Site and Late Registration
If you are unable to complete online registration by January 2, 2023 you must complete the On-Site & Late Registration Form (.pdf) and submit it to the UDC Law Registrar’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late registration is January 4-13, 2023. Students who have not registered prior to this period may be charged a late registration fee of $150. Spring registration ends at 5:00 p.m. on January 13, 2023.