Spring 2024 Registration Instructions for First Year Students
Welcome to Spring 2024 Registration for the Classes of 2026 (FT/Day) and 2027 (PT/Evening) at the David A. Clarke School of Law.
First year students must self-enroll into ALL the prescribed first year courses for the Spring 2024 semester. FIRST YEAR STUDENTS WILL NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED BY THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE FOR SPRING 2024.
Please read the following instructions CAREFULLY before proceeding to my.UDC.edu.
- General Instructions
- Course Selection
a. Full-time Division
b. Part-time Division
- Gather Your Materials
- Financial Aid and Student Accounts
- Proceed to Registration
1. General Instructions
First year students may begin course enrollment on Tuesday, November 21, 2023, at 12:01 am by logging into my.udc.edu. If you have problems logging in, you must contact the UDC IT Help Desk (see below). If there is a hold on your record for an unpaid balance, please log in, pay the balance, and then contact the Office of Student Accounts at StudentAccounts@udc.edu to have the hold lifted. For other issues, please contact the Registrar’s Office by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or come to Building 71 Room 7412. Online registration closes on January 1, 2024.
- First year students are not permitted to cross enroll between day and evening courses. The Registrar may adjust final section enrollments, if necessary.
- Lab II (LLAB2, 0 credits) will be required for first-year students with a first semester grade point average below 2.500. Students who are required to take Lab II will be administratively added to the course.
- You must obtain written permission from the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs to modify your schedule.
2. Course Selection
a. Full-Time/Day Division
Full Time/Day Students are REQUIRED to enroll in the following courses for a total of 14 credits. STUDENTS MUST RETAIN THEIR CURRENT SECTION OF LP. If necessary, refer to your Fall 2023 course schedule for your correct LP section.
|Course Title||Course #||Section||Credits||CRNs|
|Civil Procedure II||L107B||A||4||27640|
|Lawyering Process II (same as LP I section)||L110||A, B, or C||3||27659, 27660, or 27661|
b. Part-Time/Evening Division
Part Time/ Evening Students are REQUIRED to enroll in the following for a total of 9 credits. STUDENTS MUST RETAIN THEIR CURRENT SECTION OF LP. If necessary, refer to your Fall 2023 course schedule for your correct LP section.
|Course Title||Course #||Section||Credits||CRNs|
|Lawyering Process II (same as LP I section)||L110||F, G, or H||3||27662, 27663, or 27664|
3. Gather Your Materials
You may wish to review or download the following registration-related materials:
- 2023-2024 Academic Calendar (pdf) for important dates.
- Spring 2024 Course Schedule (pdf) for course meeting times and locations.
- Spring 2024 Book List for required textbooks and information about Follett All Access (any courses showing ‘TBA’ will be updated as orders are received).
- Student Handbook for academic rules and regulations.
- Course Catalog for course descriptions.
4. Financial Aid and Student Accounts
The deadline for Spring 2024 bill payment is January 2, 2024.
Any student whose financial aid does not cover total tuition & fees must pay the balance by January 2, 2024, or the student’s course selections may be canceled by the University. If a student’s course selection is canceled, the student may re-select during the Add/Drop period but will incur a $150 late registration fee.
Students may pay by check or money order (payable to the University of the District of Columbia) or by credit card online through myUDC. Please submit checks or money orders to the Cashier’s Office located in Building 39, 2nd Floor. If you have any questions concerning your account, you may contact the Office of Student Accounts at StudentAccounts@udc.edu
If your account is locked, contact the UDC IT Help Desk at email@example.com or Building 71, Room 2210 or at 202.274.5941 for assistance.
5. Proceed to Registration
After you have read through the instructions above, determined how you will meet your billing requirements, and gathered all necessary materials, proceed to log-in and register online through myUDC.
- Log into myUDC using your UDC username and password.
- If your log-in does not work, you will need to contact the UDC IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or Building 71, Room 2210 or 202.274.5941 for assistance.
- Once in the system, click Student Banner Self-Service then Registration. Click here for step-by-step instructions for Online Course Registration in myUDC.
- Using the Course Numbers and Sections for your division as shown above, Add your courses. Do not mix day and evening courses or enroll in any courses not listed above. Remember to click Submit.
Late registration is January 3-12, 2024. Students who have not registered prior to this period may be charged a late registration fee of $150. Spring registration ends at 5:00 p.m. on January 12, 2024.